Monday 14 April 2008

A green passport


Are people living in France the only ones interested in sustainable and responsible tourism?

I picked up a reference to le "passeport vert" on the Programme des Nations Unies pour l’Environnement (PNUE). I assumed it would be on the main unep.org site, but no, it's only in the French version, which I find quite strange. Stranger still, it's in English. There is no reference to it at all that I can see on the main site.

The aim of the Green Passport section is to introduce the traveller to some of the things that can be done to make tourism more sustainable - respecting the environment as well as promoting economic and social development in the tourist area communities.

It fits quite well with my earlier post about the awards for responsible tourism being promoted by the French rail company SNCF.

1 comment:

  1. Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Placa de VĂ­deo, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://placa-de-video.blogspot.com. A hug.

    ReplyDelete

Forethoughts, afterthoughts, any thoughts. Tell me.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin