Wednesday 16 April 2008

Under duress.

Eight random things about me:

  1. I like a cup of tea first thing in the morning but apart from that it belongs in the afternoon. Coffee is my morning drink, decaffeinated these days.
  2. I remember my childhood in Africa fairly clearly and would love to go back some day.
  3. I lived for three years in Paris, in the 90s. I knew I wouldn't be able to work there and looked forward to a three year holiday. I didn't enjoy it for very long - life seemed aimless, so I found myself some non-paying work to do, but still leaving time to explore.
  4. I have always had a tendency to confuse the number 5 with the number 7.
  5. I am using automatic numbering in this post so I now can't cheat in the way I intended :) Bums.
  6. I am mildly addicted to Cryptograms these days. My games addictions vary over time. It used to be a Daily Jigsaw but I've moved on.
  7. Nearly there. I have two sons, one 1,000+ km (650 miles) away and the other 5,000 km (3,000 miles). Thank heaven for modern communications.
  8. This is the last time I allow myself to be tagged in this way :)
It seems an easy thing, doesn't it?

4 comments:

  1. Interesting to learn some new things :D!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always I have enjoyed your post. In this case, it is good to learn more about you.

    ps, I still haven't tried Madame Bovary in spite of an ENORMOUS French/English dictionary.

    I recently bought the new Iain M Banks novel. When I found it was a new Culture novel, I have had to go back and read all the other Culture novels (in order) first.

    Iam sure this tells you more about me than any 8 items ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live 11,000 Km /some 6,000 miles away from my parents...hope my son will live a bit closer when he is done with college.

    I tried decaf and didn't like it, so I reduced my coffee intake...Have to check out your addictions...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I'm glad you found it interesting Nicole :)
    Thanks Elaine! I can see I'm going to have to increase your supply and choice of French novels, when we get back to France. These series are a real problem. I too have a compulsion to read them in order, but in spite of Max's implications, I don't believe I suffer from OCD. I'm sure I don't.
    Mar, that *is* a long way. I don't mind the decaf at all - when it's coffee. I tried decaf tea and it was revolting!

    ReplyDelete

Forethoughts, afterthoughts, any thoughts. Tell me.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin