Monday 1 September 2008

Bridges between

Rather late I'm afraid but I have a good excuse. I have spent the weekend crossing all sorts of bridges as I travelled between England and France.

This bridge is one I visited last June, in Brittany. It is the entrance bridge to the mediaeval castle in Josselin which overlooks the River Oust and dominates the small town.

These days the moat is guarded by a pair of lions.


The earlier post on Josselin has more pictures of the castle and surroundings.

Bridges Between participants.

Technorati tags: , , , ,


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

8 comments:

  1. There is something special about the old bridges of this type. It looks like it could have been made by the Romans (perhaps it was? Nowadays it looks like it has always been there - it has become an integral part of the landscape.

    The lions just made it perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will never get to see sights such as these. Therefore I will savor the photographs and be there in my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beauty..., and you can see of the ornaments that this is a n old english one...

    Great bridge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny about the remark that the ornaments must be old english - they reminded me somewhat of the beasts in the Forbidden City in Beijing.

    Although there is obviously no connection.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pictures! Now that I can't travel as much (or live in England like I used too) I will have to live through your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing bridge and statues - how well capture - thanks for sharing those beauties with us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a Beautiful setting! I love the lions.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful bridge and statues.

    For the Chinese, we usually have a pair of Chinese lion statues guarding the front door.

    I can't wait to hear about your trip and see your blogging space. :)
    *waits patiently*

    ReplyDelete

Forethoughts, afterthoughts, any thoughts. Tell me.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin