Thursday 8 October 2009

Mass production at Fontainebleau

While we were at the Palace of Fontainebleau we happened upon an exhibition called Design à la Cour which I didn't quite appreciate until I looked up the details later. I thought it was just about retro furniture.









There was more to it - cupboard after cupboard full of identical pieces of beautiful porcelain.  The whole was intended to show that mass produced objects can also be works of art.  It would have helped if I'd seen this video first. (in French).




Découvrez Design au Château de Fontainebleau : meubles d'hier et d'aujourd'hui

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

  1. I know it changes with each page refresh, but when I first read this post, one of the posts at the bottom, selected by "You might also like..." was a picture of a thermostat set on the number 13. Frankly, I don't see the connection to this post about mass production pieces also being art, but perhaps. :)

    At any rate, that older post still stays with me for some reason. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have very little recollection of that post. I put it up late at night just before I went away and I'm completely amazed to see a video there. Hmm. It doesn't even seem to work.

    Yes, I remember that *time switch* post too. It is forever imprinted in my brain.

    ReplyDelete

Forethoughts, afterthoughts, any thoughts. Tell me.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin