Wednesday 25 November 2009

Change of address



I am likely to be very quiet for the next few days.  It will be only an apparent calm, not actual, because today we start moving out of the house we are in and the removal will finish on Friday.  Transfer into a new house will happen sometime soon, all being well, but not for a few weeks.

The pattern of house selling and buying in the UK has changed.  No more than two years ago, people would buy and sell more or less at the same time, even sometimes agreeing to buy before having sold when the market was especially buoyant.  Most now seem to wait until their house is sold before looking for somewhere to go and as a result, we can't move into the house we'd like until the owners have found somewhere to go.  A hiatus awaits until the chain starts moving.

In the meantime, I'd like to wish all my American readers a very happy Thanksgiving.  Some of you I know better than others, but I am grateful to number you among my many blogging friends.

10 comments:

  1. Good luck with your change of address!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, A., for the Thanksgiving wishes. Ours was a terrific time with many members of our large family.

    All the best to you as you "move" through the process of moving. I don't know about you, but moving is probably my most hated activity. I'm committed to being where I am now until I die! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck on your move. Thanks for the Thanksgiving wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The UK method of buying and selling houses always seemed rather complicated to me : /

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the Happy thoughts! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just curious how your housing market is holding up with the current conditions (global)? Here in the States confusion reins :(

    Sure hope your new place vacates quickly for you - moving things twice has got to take its toll!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with all around the moving and the new house :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Moving is never easy. I wish you well and hope it goes smoothly for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck with the move! My parents are currently waiting for the owners of the house they just purchased to move out.

    ReplyDelete

Forethoughts, afterthoughts, any thoughts. Tell me.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin