Thanks to our organisation having reorganised itself over the weekend (1 September), I seem to be working all my waking hours, and finding the energy to do anything extra requiring much brain power is proving very difficult.
So being tagged by Captain Lifecruiser has come at an opportune moment.
And these are the rules:
1. You have to post these rules before you give the facts.
2. Players, you must list one fact that is somehow relevant to your life for each letter of their middle name. If you don’t have a middle name, use the middle name you would have liked to have had.
3. When you are tagged you need to write your own blog-post containing your own middle name game facts.
4. At the end of your blog-post, you need to choose one person for each letter of your middle name to tag. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
5. Don’t forget to link back to the person that tagged you in the beginning :-)
So here we go - first think of a middle name. That has had me stuck for ages while I aimlessly played mindless games. Then I glanced to my right and saw a book by Amélie Nothomb. So Amelie it is.
A - Africa. I grew up there, from the age of three until I was twelve.
M - my mother's memories. (That's three Ms. Do I get a bonus?) This is something that preoccupies me at the moment. My mother is the last of her generation alive and I've become very aware that I don't really know our family's story. Writing has become difficult for her so I've bought her a voice recorder for her to use. She's looking forward to it.
E - English. Although I speak English, I am not English.
L - library. I once thought I'd like to be a librarian and worked for a year in a university library.
I - Irish. I speak a few words, very few.
E - exploring. I love exploring places and ideas.
I'm not tagging anyone in particular, but if any of you would like to take part, please consider yourself tagged.
[And that required rather more mental effort than I expected]