Photo from Naturgie
For 20 years Naturgie have been selling products made by small Fairtrade and organic producers. The new range Eco Attitudes are also eco-friendly, designed to minimise impact on the environment.
- The jams, chutneys and preserves are vacuum cooked at low temperatures which preserves their flavour, and uses less energy.
- The jars are 70% recycled glass and 10% lighter than the normal jam jar, so reducing the energy used in transportation.
- The labels are made from recycled paper.
- They are printed with water-based inks without chemical solvents.
- The lid uses 50% less steel than conventional lids.
They cost a little more than many of the jams available, but isn't it worth it when you consider the benefits?