Saturday, 17 January 2009

PhotoHunt: hat

I'm very late posting this, although it's still Saturday.  As I'm not a hat-wearer, nor is anyone in this household, I hadn't thought I would have anything to contribute.  Then lateral thinking came into play, as I reviewed some pictures I took yesterday in the Corrèze département in France.  So here we are, a rather hastily put-together entry for the PhotoHunt.


I saw a hill wearing a straw sun-hat.  (Turenne, where its strategic position allowed it to resist Viking invasions and escape royal power from as early as the 11th century.)



I saw chimneys wearing academic mortarboards, and church spires wearing hats that defy description. (Collonges, built almost entirely of red stone.)


And I saw a building in Brive wearing a beanie.

Technorati tags: ,

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

18 comments:

  1. Great shots and so creative! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very imaginative! Well done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! I'm noticing that buildings around me are wearing hats too!
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool interpretation!

    I played too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are always so good at lateral thinking.

    Great Photographs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now there's a new and interesting take on the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very creative! Yes, some of those old elegant buildings do look like they have hats.


    I did Photo Hunters today, too! Hope you get a chance to visit.

    http://newyorktraveler.net/photo-hunters-hats/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful! Tomorrow I'll be siing hats on houses everywhere! Happy weekend

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the beanie the best!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think you have here some clever intepretations of Hat(s).
    In fact they are.

    Mine is different...

    Have a wonderful Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  11. Clever! Lateral thinking wins the day. Lovely photos, too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the "hat" theme...and very nice photos, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great and creative contribution on the theme!

    Btw: Sorry I haven't been around that much, but my back still hurt and its hard to type.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well done A. You are very creative and a great photographer, and history teacher all rolled into one very nice person.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your take on this theme. Great sequence of shots and I enjoyed all the architectural hats.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You thought outside the box - I like your thinking!! Great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  17. love them! care to exchange links?

    ReplyDelete

Forethoughts, afterthoughts, any thoughts. Tell me.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin