Thursday 14 May 2009

Elaine

I found out today that my long-standing blogging friend, Elaine, has died at the far-too-young age of 67.

She has had poor health for quite some time and reading through her entire blog as I did today, I realise just how much she deteriorated over the two years she blogged. But I don't want to dwell on the sadness, but rather on how much she had to offer all of us who knew her.

She was a great cook, an avid reader (we shared the same taste in books), a Francophile, great fun, and best of all, a loyal friend. She must have been my commenter-in-chief, sticking by me through thick and thin, and there have been many thins. Through her comments and her blog I felt I came to know her and her family, so I will miss her good cheer and good sense very much.

Goodbye, my friend. I wish you knew how many lives you touched.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

9 comments:

  1. My condolences for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course its a sad loss, but I think your also do the right thing and dwell on all the good memories which lives forever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please relay the condolences of an occasional reader to her family
    j

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry for you loss. I'm sure she will be missed by so many family and friends. But how wonderful that she has left her mark on the blogosphere.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My condolences to you and Elaine's family.

    She would be pleased to know she is remembered.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone, I appreciate your comments and I will pass on the messages to her family. It was something of a shock to hear the news yesterday, especially as it happened while I was busy parcelling up a book to send her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a beautiful tribute to a wonderful lady who touched on many of our lives, I am already missing her chunks of wisdom.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved Elaine, too - and miss her cheery chirping more than I can say. I can't even bring myself to delete her blog from by blogroll... it's like she's still there if I see the words "Old Age is a Bitch" looking back at me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Sage, thank you. Yes, I'm missing her here too.

    @Marcheline, thanks for coming to visit. No, I won't be deleting "Old Age is a Bitch" for quite some time. I have a book I promised Elaine sitting on my desk, and I can't bring myself to do anything with it.

    ReplyDelete

Forethoughts, afterthoughts, any thoughts. Tell me.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin