Sunday 18 December 2011

Grey is the new red

As I wandered around town the other day, I suddenly noticed that the Father Christmases (or should that be Fathers Christmas?) were dressed in grey.  When did this new fashion start?  Have I been missing something.

Wine seller

Optician

Pharmacy
I also see they are all wearing spectacles.  The first one I noticed was the one in the optician's window and I thought they were being clever.  Then the wine seller had his Father Christmas surrounded by bottles, fair enough, but I started to worry when I got to the pharmacy.  However the worry was unecessary and he was clutching his skis.

I don't know where this fashion for grey came from.  Whatever next?  Grey berries on the holly?

4 comments:

  1. I thought his outfit was originally green and Coca Cola changed him to red for their adverts long ago. Or is that an urban myth?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't noticed this, but I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Adullamite, I'd heard about Coca Cola's advertising changing the image of Santa Claus but I don't know what he looked like before.

    @Max, it may be a local thing or a French thing.. I've never noticed before but in fact I think it looks better than the red. Maybe just because it's new.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have found a grey Santa on this Finnish site.
    http://tinyurl.com/ctkzajs

    ReplyDelete

Forethoughts, afterthoughts, any thoughts. Tell me.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin