Saturday 12 January 2013

Celebrations in my town

Our town seems to celebrate at the drop of a hat.  We've just finished the Christmas celebrations...

...but the Christmas parade took place after dark so the pictures were scarce.

Earlier we had fireworks for Guy Fawkes' Day



You can just about make out the pier in the background.  It didn't burn down.

There is always a summer carnival and its parade.



These two little girls had very little idea of what was going on but they marched to their own beat and seemed to enjoy it enormously.

But of course this year the big celebration came when:


...the Olympic torch relay came to town.


It was party time!!!  Even at 9 o'clock in the morning.


A two-in-one post for the Photo Hunts. 


4 comments:

  1. I remember back in 2008 when the Olympic torch relay passed by the street where my then office was on. We couldn't resist going downstairs to check it out -- and was rewarded by the sight of the Olympic torch bearer there being local Cantopop singing-acting star Eason Chan. Not perhaps the most sporty of choices but cool just the same. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi YTSL! Ours were locals supposedly but I'm afraid I had no idea who they were. Certainly not celebrity status.

      Delete
  2. I've never managed fireworks! Those were good night shots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to double check that the fireworks were really taken by me. Apparently so - so it must have been an accident.

      Delete

Forethoughts, afterthoughts, any thoughts. Tell me.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin